Our “Pick” this week is also a little unusual. It is from the same estate as last weeks “Pick” and they did a bit of traveling. This time we have for your consideration a pair of African Fertility Idols. Both figures are hand carved Ebony and stand about 18″ high. I find it interesting that the female figure is done it the traditional style, clothed only in beads. While the male figure is dressed as a contemporary European with an umbrella. Read into it what ever you want but it does say a lot about how the culture has changed over the years.
Shop Suburban Antiquarian
- Booth Moving Sale – 30% off until February 26 February 22, 2020
- Pair of Mid-Century Modern Mushroom Chairs January 7, 2020
- Oak and Walnut Credence Table – Side Altar With One Interior Shelf December 19, 2019
- Mid Century Modern Coffee Table with Cast Iron and Chrome Base December 15, 2019
- Antique Oak and Glass Display Case with Two shelves December 8, 2019